Thursday, April 19, 2012

Posing in a bench?


Bench is a place where we can relax and have a good time to rest. This is a good place to think out of this world things. While I was sitting in one of the benches at school, I saw my friend then I let her join me sit in the bench. Since I had my camera back then and my friend was so eager that I should take a photo of her, I just let her pose in the bench.  The posing bench should be set at an angle to the camera. When the bench is square to the camera, people tend to sit on it with their shoulders square to the camera This puts their shoulders straight across the picture and such a pose exaggerates the width of the shoulders. This pose is obviously inappropriate for a woman. When your subject is a male dignitary (VIP), a pose like this enhances those qualities.


Mary Joy Canon
Mary Joy Canon

Very few people have positions that demand such a pose. Having the posing bench at an angle to the camera before the sitter arrives should automatically suggest to the subjects that they sit with their shoulders turned slightly from the camera. With the shoulders turned slightly from the camera and the head turned back toward the camera, a sense of motion is created. Even more motion and alertness can be suggested by having the subject lean slightly forward.
 
 Mary Joy Canon  
Mary Joy Canon

  Remember that where ever you are, you can get great pictures without putting much effort.You just have to create a little art out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment